In September, Xiaomi announced another variant of Mi note 3 in China. It features 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. The new cheaper variant joined the existing two storage variants that were unveiled previously − one with 6GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, and another with 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage. Apart from launching a watered down version, the Chinese manufacturer has also reduced the prices of existing variants of Xiaomi Mi Note 3.
The idea behind launching a cheaper variant is to popularize the device in the company’s native market. This would allow Xiaomi to increase its footprint in the mid-end segment, which is crucial for the company’s growth.
The new variant of the Mi Note 3, introduced at a cheaper price, will look to attract more customers with the features it possess. Other than the RAM and internal storage, other salient features of the phone are:
- The Mi Note 3 is a dual-SIM supported smartphone that features a 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920) display and has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels with a 16:9 aspect ratio. Also, the screen is protected by a Scratch Resistant display.
- Mi Note 3 bears a dual rear camera setup (the same as the Xiaomi Mi 6):a 12-megapixel sensor coupled with a wide-angle lens, f/1.8 aperture, and 12-megapixel sensor coupled with a telephoto lens.
The setup offers 2x optical zoom, and PDAF, apart from 4K video capture. The front camera bears a 16-megapixel sensor.
- The Mi Note 3 also highlights an AI Beautify feature, facial recognition and a 4-sided curved body, among other things.
- It is powered by a 3500mAh battery with Quick Charging 3.0 and USB Type-C support.
- The device runs Android Nougat with MIUI 9 over the top.
- Connectivity board includes 4G/LTE.
PROS AND CONS:
Xiaomi created an availability of a phone with expensive features at cheaper prices by launching this new variant. The best feature of the phone is the dual rear camera setup and it is same as Xiaomi Mi 6. Apparently, the new variant of Xiaomi Note 3 is offering the same feature at cheaper prices.
The prices of the phone are affordable and all the other features are great. But, the low RAM and inbuilt storage can become the con for some users.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY:
The new Mi Note 3 was launched on September 11 of this year in China. The model priced at CNY 1,999, which is approximately Rs 19,500. Xiaomi also reduced the prices of other two variants. The 6GB/64GB inbuilt storage variant will be retailing at CNY 2,299 (approx Rs 22,500) and 6GB/128GB inbuilt variant at CNY 2,599 (approx Rs 25,500).
The Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Series is not yet launched in India and it is unlikely that we’ll see the Mi Note 3 in the country.
Additionally, the new Mi Note 3 also highlights an AI Beautify feature, facial recognition and a 4-sided curved body, among other things. This cheaper variant of Xiaomi will be going on sale in its home country on Thursday, November 22.